Kathryn L. Mantell, CPA, RMA, PSA
Kathi’s expertise is in auditing and consulting for various governmental entities including municipalities, counties, authorities, libraries, and school districts within New Jersey
. She not only holds a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, but also holds Registered Municipal Accountant (RMA) and Public School Accountant (PSA) licenses in order to practice her field of specialty.
Kathi directs the firm’s school district audit division and has made numerous presentations at the New Jersey School Boards’ Association, New Jersey Association of School Business Officials, New Jersey Association of School Administrators and Government Finance Officers’ Association conferences on topics relating to public entities’ financial statements and internal controls.
She has extensive experience in financial advisory and consulting services which include review and design of internal accounting controls; assistance in various debt issuances and refundings; preparation of capital project and debt management plans; utility rate studies; and budget reviews.
Kathi holds the following degrees and licenses.
- B.S. in Accounting, Concentration in Business Management, York College of Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License: New Jersey
- Registered Municipal Accountant (RMA) License: New Jersey
- Public School Accountant (PSA) License: New Jersey
- Series 7, Series 66, Life, Accident and Health Insurance, Variable Annuities licensed
Kathi’s professional memberships include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Registered Municipal Accountants Association of New Jersey
- New Jersey Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Bergen, Essex, Morris, Somerset and Sussex County Associations of School Business Officials
- Sussex County League of Municipalities
Other professional engagements
Kathi is a frequent lecturer at local and state School Business Official Associations, Governmental Finance Officer Association seminars.
Kathi is also active in the community.
- Sussex County Chamber of Commerce
- Housing Partnership Board of Directors
- Board of Directors of the Newton Rotary Club
- Greater Newton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past Treasurer, Mine Hill Township PTA
- Wharton Area Little League
- Patriots Path Boy Scout Council
- Saint Matthew's Parish
- Habitat for Humanity
- Trustee and Treasurer, Housing Partnership of Morris County
- Active supporter and contributor, Project Self-Sufficiency
Kathi celebrates her 31st year of service with our firm in 2011