Federal & New Jersey Estate/Inheritance Tax in 2021 and Beyond
Glenn Schwier CPA, JD, a Partner with Nisivoccia, will host a virtual seminar for attorneys, “Federal & New Jersey Estate/Inheritance Tax in 2021 and Beyond” on Wednesday, August 4, 2021. The seminar is designed as an introductory course for attorneys, will discuss the considerations for estate planning including tax strategies.
Other topics for discussion are:
- New Jersey Inheritance Tax
- Beneficiary Classes
- Resident vs Non-Resident
- Executor Commission Calculation
- Inheritance Tax Exempt Assets
- Life Insurance
- 3-Year Look Back
- Who Pays the Tax?
- Estate and Inheritance Tax Differences
- PA Inheritance Tax Comparison
- Marital Deduction
- Nonresident Aliens’ Estate and Gift Tax Rules
- Planning for Uncertain Federal Estate and Gift Tax Future
- Are Federal Estate Tax Changes Coming Soon?
- Gift now before the law changes?
- End of step up in basis
- Lowering the 11.7 million exclusion to 3.5 million?
- Life insurance trusts
Glenn Schwier is currently a partner in the Nisivoccia Tax Department. He practices in the areas of personal tax matters, businesses, international taxes, foreign asset reporting including estates, trusts, individual Income tax, expatriates, partnerships, corporations, LLCs, and U.S. operations of foreign entities. Glenn is a member of the bar in New Jersey and New York who before joining Nisivoccia practiced law including Estate Planning. Glenn is a member of New Jersey Society of CPAs (NJSCPA).