Foreign Corporations Inbound/Outbound: The Tax Basics & Dangers
Presented by: Glenn Schwier CPA, JD
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
8:30 am Registration
9:00 am – 11:00 am Program
200 Valley Road, Suite 300
Mount Arlington, NJ, 07856
The seminar is designed to discuss tax strategies and issues that impact attorneys working alongside entities and individuals with international connections.
Topics for discussion include:
- How did tax reform impact foreign subsidiaries?
- Repatriation wasn’t just for big corporations such as Apple
- What foreign taxes paid are eligible for a tax credit in the U.S.?
- U.S. tax withholding rules on foreign owners
- Controlled foreign corporations
- When is controlled foreign corporation income taxable in the U.S.?
- What is effectively connected income?
- Foreign asset reporting requirements
- Advantages of IC-Disc for exporters? Post tax reform impact on IC-Disc?
- Passive Foreign Investment Corporation and the foreign mutual funds tax trap
- Transfer of property to foreign corporation reporting requirements
- Impact of tax treaties
- Tax strategies for foreign corporation and owners
*This course is pending approval for 2.4 CLE credits*
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Lampron at email@example.com or (973) 298-8500