HHS Announces Reporting Requirements for Provider Relief Fund
All providers receiving the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Provider Relief Fund (PRF) payments will be required to comply with reporting requirements described in the Terms and Conditions and specified in future directions issued by the Secretary. Below is a summary of the timeliness of these reporting requirements:
- The reporting system will become available to recipients for reporting on October 1, 2020.
- All recipients must report within 45 days of the end of the calendar year 2020 on their expenditures through the period ending December 31, 2020.
- Recipients who have expended funds in full prior to December 31, 2020 may submit a single final report at any time during the window that begins October 1, 2020, but no later than February 15, 2021.
- Recipients with funds unexpended after December 31, 2020, must submit a second and final report no later than July 31, 2021.
- Detailed PRF reporting instructions and a data collection template with the necessary data elements will be available through the HRSA website soon be made available. Continue to check the HHS website for the latest updates.
The rules governing the above updates can be complex. Please contact our healthcare professionals, Deirdre Hartmann or Harlene Stevens, at (973) 298-8500 if you have any questions or would like us to review your situation before you make any decisions.