Kathi Mantell Presents on GFOA Discussion Panel
The 2017 Government Finance Officers Association of New Jersey Conference was held from September 27 – 29 at the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino in Atlatnic City. This year, Kathi Mantell, CPA, Partner of Nisivoccia LLP, took part in the conference and spoke on the "Local Government Rating Process – Preparation for Your Agency Review" panel discussion.
The panel included representatives from municipality, audit firm, bond counsel and Financial Advisors, including:
- Matt Jessup, Esq., McManimon, Scotland & Baumann
- Ellen Sandman, Parsippany-Troy Hills Township
- Sherry Tracey, Phoenix Advisors, LLC
The purpose of the panel was to have a discussion on the various financial items that should be prepared and reviewd while preparing for your rating. Topics discussed included:
- When Do You Have a Rating Review?
- How to Select a Rating Agency
- Applying for a Rating
- Building a Presentation
- And more