Please join us for our Tax Reform for Attorneys Seminar, presented by
Glenn Schwier, CPA, JD, and Harlene Stevens, CPA.
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
8:30 am Registration
9:00 – 11:00 am Program
200 Valley Road, Suite 300, Mt Arlington, NJ 07856
Exit 30, Route 80
Topics for discussion will include:
- Who is impacted by tax reform? Winners and losers of tax reform?
- How do attorneys start planning for changes in tax law for clients and themselves?
- How does loss of alimony deduction effect settlement agreements?
- What does SALT limitation really mean for New Jersey residents?
- Is tax reform the end of itemized deductions? Are attorney fees still deductible?
- Increased standard deduction versus elimination of personal exemptions.
- In divorce who receives the increased child tax credit?
- In final version of tax reform what was not changed?
- 20% Pass-through deduction who qualifies? Who doesn’t qualify?
- Best entity structure to take advantage of tax reform?
- Entertainment expenses under new tax act.
*This course is pending approval for 2 CLE credits*
About Glenn Schwier, CPA, JD:
Glenn specializes in personal tax matters including estate, trusts, individual income tax, expatriates, and foreign asset reporting as part of our Tax Department. He is a member of New Jersey Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association. Prior to joining Nisivoccia LLP, Glenn practiced law with a concentration in estate planning. He is also a member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants. Glenn has written for publications such as the New Jersey Law Journal and was a frequent contributor to the Reuters PDI Global Tax Impact newsletter. He is instrumental in the planning and execution of educational seminars for attorneys on topics such as retirement planning and real estate tax law. He also is an occasional lecturer for local businesses, chambers of commerce and civic groups.
About Harlene Stevens, CPA:
Harlene is currently a Manager in the Nisivoccia LLP Commercial Department. She specializes in personal and business income tax planning with an emphasis on dental and medical practices. She has over 25 years of experience servicing clients in the healthcare industry. Harlene has written and spoken on a wide range of topics including tax planning, front desk management, the New Hire Act, and cash management. Harlene’s articles have appeared in an array of publications including Insurance Solutions Newsletter, Delta Dental of NJ Newsletter, Tri-County Dental Newsletter, NJ Physician and Modern Medicine.
If you have any questions, please contact Christine Olivo at (973) 328-1825 or email@example.com.