Planning for Retirement: Saving, Succession Planning and Tax Strategies
Marcia A. Geltman, CPA, Partner with Nisivoccia LLP will team up with Glenn Schwier, CPA, JD also with the firm along with Damien Paumi, CFP, AIF, CRPC of Nisivoccia Wealth Advisors LLC to host a complimentary seminar for attorneys entitled, “Planning for Retirement: Saving, Succession Planning and Tax Strategies” on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at our offices in Mount Arlington, NJ.
“Planning for Retirement: Saving, Succession Planning and Tax Strategies”
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
200 Valley Road, Suite 300
Mount Arlington, NJ 07856
*This course is pending approval for 2 CLE credits
The seminar is designed as an introductory course for attorneys, will discuss the considerations when planning for retirement including tax strategies. Other topics for discussion are:
- How to save for retirement?
- Retirement Plan Selection
- Self-employed vs employee retirement plans
- Overview of SEP, 401k, and Defined Benefit Plans
- IRA Required Minimum Distribution
- Retirement beneficiary tax strategies
- Roth Conversion
- Employees required to be included in retirement plan
- Business Succession Planning
- Life insurance role in succession planning
- Sell business vs transfer to children
- Where to settle in retirement?
- Is your client a tax resident of NJ under domicile rules?
- Should you move out of New Jersey?
As Tax Partner, Marcia A. Geltman oversees the firm’s business, individual and estate planning tax departments. She practices in estate and income tax planning as well as federal and state tax audits and liability negotiations.
Glenn Schwier is a Manager in the Tax Group practicing in the areas of income and estate tax planning for all clients. Glenn is a New Jersey Certified Public Accountant as well as a member of the New York and New Jersey State Bar.
Damien Paumi is the former president of the Financial Planning Association of New Jersey. Damien is a Certified Financial Planner as well as licensed in New Jersey Life and Health Insurance.