Seven Dental Marketing Strategies to Implement Right Now
By Brenda Loan Baker, Executive Coach, Fortune Management
In the midst of ever-increasing dental practices in the country, a good dental marketing strategy is key to success. Since dental practices need new patients on a monthly basis to ensure the growth and success of the business, you may be asking yourself where to find these patients. At Fortune Management, they believe there are five key components of marketing your dental practice: Branding and Identity, Digital Media Marketing, External Marketing, Internal Marketing, and Case presentation and enrollment skills.
You can start by building trust through a good digital marketing strategy. Nowadays, potential patients can be found online; thus, improving your business’s digital presence is a must. Due to mobile devices and location-based searches, consumers look for services and treatments online. So, if you are just starting or already have a digital presence, here are some dental marketing strategies that you can implement right now.
1. Create an optimized Google My Business Page
The first thing to do to make your presence known online is to create a Google My Business page. Your Google My Business page is a verified source of information regarding your dental practice, its address, open hours, photos, videos, websites, and so much more. This information is shown by Google in relevant searches. A complete and strong Google My Business page will allow your dental practice to show up in various Google search experiences and thus allow you to reach patients seeking out a dentist.
2. Improve your website
The website is the first thing consumers visit to learn more about the business. It’s the first area where potential patients come in contact with your practice, and the way they perceive it will depend on how your website looks and the way it works. It’s imperative that your website consists of the following:
- Easy to navigate
- A design that is simple, elegant, and user-centered
- Use simple and concise language to communicate relevant information about services
- Provide informative content to increase awareness
- Include informative photos and videos
- Introduce your dentists and office environment
- Include an online chat feature to enable patients to communicate easily with dentists
- Include easy instructions to allow online scheduling of appointments
- Show patient reviews and testimonials
3. Invest in search engine optimization
SEO plays an important part when it comes to patients seeking out dental care. Consumers search and select dentists online usually within their locality. Having an optimized Google My Business page and a strong optimized website is a good SEO strategy on its own, but there are some things you need to do further, including the following:
- Streamline and organize your website’s structure, with proper categories while removing irrelevant content from your website.
- Include rich content that educates and informs users about your services and treatments, including common questions that patients may ask.
- Utilize Google Page Speed Insight to find out issues with website speed.
- Optimize page title, URL, image alt-tags, Meta descriptions, keywords strategy, and content headings for every page.
- Improve the security of the website with HTTPS.
4. Use dental directories
People may seek out dentists by looking through a reliable dental directory like American Dental Association, RateMDs.com, The Dentists Hub, ZocDoc, Dentist Directory, etc. This makes it imperative for you to be on all the local dental directories so that people will come across your dental practice during their search. The more your name comes up, the more likely it is for them to seek you out. So, submitting to dental directories is a must.
5. Consistently publish engaging content
Blog content needs to be your strength instead of a weakness. It’s an opportunity to gain trust and authority within your field, resonate with patients, and rank on search engines. Through your blog posts, you can address common dental issues, create awareness regarding dental hygiene and dental health, offer healthy oral tips, introduce and explain dental treatments, and much more. You can connect with patients and attract new patients. Since people are always looking for information, this is an opportunity for you to present yourself as an expert and answer their FAQs. You can also consider outsourcing this work to a third-party agency or person, who can generate high-quality content. This content, when published on your website, will allow you to rank on search engines and attract new prospects.
6. Step up your social media game
People from every generation can now be found on social media platforms as active users. And more than half of these users use social media to research about services or products before making a purchase. So, it is only wise to include social media in your dental marketing strategy. Here is how you can benefit from social media platforms:
- Most people are unaware of the dental benefits they have. So, you can start by reminding them about this.
- Publish before and after photos and videos of treatments and services you offer.
- Use video content highlighting patient reviews and your dental services to increase the trust and reliability of your brand.
- Use visual data to present important information.
- Use social media ads to attract more patients.
- Publish team photos and videos from outdoor activities to showcase team members and a healthy work environment.
7. Go for video marketing
One of the easiest ways to attract attention is through the use of videos. A majority of the users on the internet use apps to watch videos. Here are some ideas you can start off by:
- Educational videos presenting important and crucial information while promoting your services.
- Introductory videos that welcome potential patients to your dental practice.
- Videos about your staff, such as creating a video about your amazing dentist with exceptional skills in the field. This will instill trust and reliability about your dental services.
- Videos about the dental treatments and services you offer. This can include animated videos, before and after of your procedures, and much more. This will help them know what to expect.
- Offer testimonial videos as a way to gain referrals through services like TruBlu Social Smiles.
- Videos where you talk about FAQs.
Post these videos on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube to promote your dental service. If your patients post their reviews or tag you in their posts, then it’s imperative that you interact with them and use it for your advantage.
The online marketplace is a crowded one when it comes to your business. There is heavy competition. If you want to get ahead of your competitors, then you need to implement an optimized marketing strategy. Above mentioned are some of the dental marketing strategies that can give you a good start at improving your digital presence online and attracting new patients. If you utilize these ideas, then you can have the opportunity to go beyond your competition. To hear more about digital marketing and the other four components of marketing, join Fortune Management at one of their full day Training Camps to learn more. Bring your whole team to earn 6 CEs and learn how to master your branding, five-star service, and the patient experience, develop your practice digital marketing strategy, and identify ways to grow your practice! Register here:
New York area: https://lp.fortunenortheast.com/camp-marketing-ny