Nisivoccia LLP, one of the region's top accounting firms, is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are pursuing a career in public accounting to join our Mount Arlington tax department. We have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Senior Tax Accountant to join our organization. The position has great potential for growth. This is an opportunity to join a great organization and work with like-minded individuals who aspire to use and develop their skills and talents for individual and firm success, while maintaining a work-life balance.
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package, we provide flexible schedules, generous PTO, and tuition reimbursement. Our continuing education programs are tailored for your career. We are an organization committed to your professional development as we continue to grow. Nisivoccia embraces inclusivity and fosters a family team environment. Our professionals value our culture and commitment to leadership.
Nisivoccia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Prepare, review, and analyze individual, trust, gift, partnership, and corporate tax returns
- Communicate directly with clients regarding tax returns and other tax related issues.
- Research and advise on client tax questions
- Plan for and identify tax saving opportunities for business clients and owners.
- Review and adjust client accounting records to reconcile to tax returns; adjust for cash and accrual basis accounting differences
- Display skill, judgement, initiative, and attention to detail and independently handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Supervise and train entry-level accounting staff
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements including potential work from home
- 37.5 hour work week – all additional hours are paid or put into an additional PTO bank
- 18 days of PTO plus 7 holidays
- Employer profit sharing contribution to 401k plan
- Full benefit package including medical, dental and vision
- Employer paid Life Insurance and Short/Long term disability
- Employer paid personal Wealth Management plan
- Bonus for earning CPA
- Cell phone stipend
- BS or BA in Accounting required
- CPA or active pursuit of license desired
- 2-5 years of prior experience in preparing business and individual returns
- Strong skilled in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- QuickBooks experience proficiency in desktop and online versions if preferred
- Proficiency in tax preparation software; Prosystem FX Tax experience preferred
Nisivoccia maintains a strong family culture. We offer our people unparalleled support through proactive stewardship and giving back to our community. Every member of our team enjoys a strong work life balance and flexible hours. All employees participate in technical and soft skills training and development that include:
- Marketing and Business Development in person and webinar training programs
- State-of-Career lunches with partners and managers
- One-on-One Executive Coaching for future leaders
- Nisivoccia Financial Learning Program (lunch and learns) – presented by Nisivoccia Wealth Advisors
- Quality of Life Committee committed to continuously building a better work experience
- Young Professional and Women’s networking events hosted by the firm
- Ability to attend client and networking events as a representative of the firm
- On-going celebrations throughout the year that include family picnics, employee golf outings, luncheons, happy hours, holiday party and a variety of other fun experiences
- Leading edge technology that enables more efficient and productive working arrangements